A guide on how to eat properly and live a healthy life while controlling, reducing, and eliminating the symptoms of MS.

Multiple Sclerosis Support

MS Articles, Support, Recipes, and Inspiration for those living with Multiple Sclerosis

Where Can I Donate to MS Research?

By Daryl H. Bryant (375 words)
Posted in Living with MS on March 24, 2017

There are (0) comments permalink

Where Can I Donate to MS Research?

MS research is helping us find new hope - in diagnosis, treatment, and eventually the eradication of Multiple Sclerosis. If you have MS, you have probably been asked, “where can I donate to MS research?” We’ve listed some of the best options below, but first let’s talk about why donating to MS research is so important.

Where Can I Donate to MS Research?

Approximately 400,000 people in the United States and over 2.5 million people worldwide have MS. MS research is seeking to understand the disease so that it can be better diagnosed, treated, and eventually eradicated. When you donate to MS research, you help the people who currently have MS and all future people who will be diagnosed with it. The following are some of the best organizations to support.

National Multiple Sclerosis Society

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is an anchor in the MS community. When you donate to them, 83% of your donation goes towards MS research, education, and programs. The remaining 17% is used for administrative costs and fundraising. Currently, there is no way to earmark your donation specifically for research, but the National Multiple Sclerosis Society is one of the biggest supporters of MS research so your money will go towards important projects.

Myelin Repair Foundation

The Myelin Repair Foundation works with major drug companies to fund research into MS treatments and possible cures. If you want your money to go entirely towards research, this is a great place to start.

The Hilton Foundation

The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation focuses on helping young promising scientists in the field, finding treatments and a cure for Progressive MS, and funding research into biomarkers and infrastructure. They also provide wellness services to those with MS, but the majority of their funding goes to research.

Wondering if your donation makes a difference? Donations to these foundations help MS research progress. In the past year alone, The Consortium of MS Genetics actually identified 200 genetic variations linked to MS that may help determine why some people are susceptible to developing the disease. There have also been a number of treatment breakthroughs including positive results from two studies of bone marrow-derived stem cells used to treat aggressive relapsing MS.

Comments (0)

no comments posted

Leave a comment

Not a robot?